Did you know that since 2019, 47% of staff members at ACD Environmental have attended a Mental Health First Aid course? Alongside completing a physical First Aid course, ACD considers mental health just as important and actively encourages its employees to participate in courses and activities that promote this. Directors, line managers and other members of ACD staff are now able to provide better initial support to people developing mental health issues or in mental health crisis.
‘A mentally healthy community is a productive and creative community.’ MHFA England
Unfortunately, the pandemic has not been kind on people’s mental health. According to research by leading mental health charity Mind, nearly 60% of people across England say that their mental health has got worse during lockdown, but around 31% did not seek help as they thought their problem was not serious enough.
As a company, ACD is committed to looking after both their employees physical and mental health needs. By encouraging members to attend both physical and mental health first aid courses, we hope to provide support to anyone in need.
Please see below useful links to helpful organisations:
- Mind https://www.mind.org.uk/
- Rethink Mental Illness https://www.rethink.org/
- Mental Health Foundation https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/
- SANE http://www.sane.org.uk/
- CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) https://www.thecalmzone.net/
- Samaritans https://www.samaritans.org/
- MHFA (Mental Health First Aid) https://mhfaengland.org/ http://www.smhfa.com/ http://parked.mhfa-wales.org.uk/